ONLY in Cumbria could welly wanging, fell racing and a vintage car exhibition all feature at the same event.
- Former UKIP Cumbria County Council candidate on drink driving charge
- Two men have lucky escape after car ends up in field by busy Cumbria road (10 comments)
- Neighbour blasts move to build solar park on Kirkby farm
- Meet Misty, possibly the cleverest dog in Cumbria - or should that be the world? (1 comment)
HOT sun and glorious blue skies made it a perfect day for the watching crowds at Kirkby Gala on Saturday – but tough for the fell running competitors who sweated their way up and down Kirkby Moor.
HOLLYWOOD came to Kirkby at the weekend as the Beckside Rooms hosted a six-hour rolling programme of unique films about rural life and crafts more than 60 years ago.
Are you passionate about Kirkby?
Send your news and pictures to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PARENTS, kids, even the dogs – Gail knows the names of everybody who passes her “pitch” outside Burlington CE School.
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Family Notices
- Competition rules
- Advertise with us
- Reader Travel
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans