Fire at Cumbria train attraction
Published at 08:47, Wednesday, 05 December 2012
A FIRE broke out at a tourist attraction in Cumbria yesterday.
Fire crews from Seascale and Bootle were called to a fire at a building that is part of the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway at about 4.40pm.
The fire involved a building in Ravenglass used as a paint shop.
The Fire Service said the single storey workshop was well alight when they arrived and hoses were used to put it out.
Trevor Stockton, Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway general manager, said the fire was quickly brought under control.
The fire may have been the result of an electrical fault in the building, which is used to paint locomotives and rolling stock.
It was contained within the building, which was empty at the time of the fire. An early inspection revealed limited damage to the contents of the building.
Mr Stockton said: “We are really grateful to the fire crews for their prompt and efficient action.
"December is a busy month for us with Santa specials and these will go ahead as planned, with no changes to the arrangements.
"We have almost sold out tickets to travel up the line to Dalegarth to see Santa over the coming weeks and we will be sure not to disappoint any young people who really look forward to this experience at this time of year.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
More Kirkby news
- South Cumbria girl gets first in line for thrills on dream holiday of a lifetime
- South Cumbria windfarm’s towering turbines are too intrusive says campaign group (6 comments)
- Two vehicle car crash on Cumbria A595
- South Cumbria A595 campaign takes new twist (1 comment)
- Lollipop lady to retire after 17 years of keeping Cumbria children safe
- Kirkby Gala
- Kirbky pupils set out risks of ‘dangerous’ road
- Cumbria youngsters get the ball rolling to learn sporting skills
- Public will get chance to have say on Kirkby moor windfarm revamp
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- A595 wagon hell looms for Furness residents (6 comments)
- Much-loved Cumbria councillor was a “true gent”
- A595 in Cumbria to be closed for roadworks (1 comment)
- ‘Worst floods I’ve seen in 12 years’ - Kirkby resident
- Heavy rain set to hit Cumbria today
- Kirkby community nets £17,700 to build multi-use sports area
- Cumbria train line reopens - short delays (1 comment)
- More than 350 homes left without power near Ulverston
- Cumbria residents say they will fight to get nightmare section of A595 upgraded (3 comments)
- Cumbria village broadband nightmare is finally over for residents
- Inspirational Ulverston girl Alice Pyne’s gran shows how to raise money in style
- Cumbria A595 road safety summit called (1 comment)
- MP welcomes fuel price cut in South Cumbria village (2 comments)
- Safety fears prompt calls for A595 Cumbria works (4 comments)
- Kirkby residents hail Cumbria MP’s broadband crusade (2 comments)