Is Rooney’s hair today to be gone tomorrow?
Last updated at 13:57, Thursday, 14 June 2012
DESPITE watching England’s first Euro 2012 game from the bench, Wayne Rooney’s hair is still causing a stir.
The Manchester United star is watching his England teammates from the sidelines while he serves a two match ban and will be back to face joint hosts Ukraine on Tuesday.
However, it is Rooney’s hairstyle – not his absence on the pitch, that people are speculating about.
Rooney’s hair, or lack of, has been a talking point in celebrity magazines and newspapers for some time and last year he reportedly spent £30,000 on a hair transplant.
The striker, who celebrated his fourth wedding anniversary on Tuesday(12/6), has reportedly bonded with Sir Elton John over their hair transplants.
But unfortunately for Rooney, his new ‘do’ has started to show signs of thinning and set tongues wagging as he was seen watching Monday’s group game with France.
The Evening Mail visited salons in Barrow to find out if members of the hairdressing fraternity are fans of Rooney’s style.
“Nobody has asked for a Wayne Rooney,” said Paul Devro, from Devro’s Barbers in Cavendish Street said.
“The most common celebrity styles we get asked for are people from The Only Way is Essex, he said – the mushroom cut or the comb over.”
Danny Watters, 18, also from Devro’s, added: “We get asked for other footballer’s styles, like Ronaldo.”
Antonia Wilson, 23, from Definition in Cavendish Street said nobody has asked her for a Wayne Rooney cut.
“The most common is Cheryl Cole,” she said.
“Older people ask for Lulu.”
Kayleigh Tomkinson, 17, also from Definition, added: “People ask for Frankie from The Saturdays, and Jennifer Aniston’s colour.”
First published at 13:27, Thursday, 14 June 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Is anyone bothered, really?
Make your comment
More Kirkby news
- South Cumbria girl gets first in line for thrills on dream holiday of a lifetime
- South Cumbria windfarm’s towering turbines are too intrusive says campaign group (6 comments)
- Two vehicle car crash on Cumbria A595
- South Cumbria A595 campaign takes new twist (1 comment)
- Lollipop lady to retire after 17 years of keeping Cumbria children safe
- Kirkby Gala
- Kirbky pupils set out risks of ‘dangerous’ road
- Cumbria youngsters get the ball rolling to learn sporting skills
- Public will get chance to have say on Kirkby moor windfarm revamp
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- A595 wagon hell looms for Furness residents (6 comments)
- Much-loved Cumbria councillor was a “true gent”
- A595 in Cumbria to be closed for roadworks (1 comment)
- ‘Worst floods I’ve seen in 12 years’ - Kirkby resident
- Heavy rain set to hit Cumbria today
- Kirkby community nets £17,700 to build multi-use sports area
- Cumbria train line reopens - short delays (1 comment)
- More than 350 homes left without power near Ulverston
- Cumbria residents say they will fight to get nightmare section of A595 upgraded (3 comments)
- Cumbria village broadband nightmare is finally over for residents
- Inspirational Ulverston girl Alice Pyne’s gran shows how to raise money in style
- Cumbria A595 road safety summit called (1 comment)
- MP welcomes fuel price cut in South Cumbria village (2 comments)
- Safety fears prompt calls for A595 Cumbria works (4 comments)
- Kirkby residents hail Cumbria MP’s broadband crusade (2 comments)