Published at 13:11, Wednesday, 29 June 2011
FRANK Randall PhC (Pharmacist) DFHom (Pharm), a pharmacist with the Murray Group of Pharmacies, on the services available at Murrays in Duke Street, Barrow
THE Murrays Duke Street Pharmacy was acquired by Murrays in the early 1960s and is also the Head Office for the Murrays Group.
Many Murrays customers will remember the cough mixture which used to be sold there, Fosters Red Extract of Bark.
Again, like all Murrays, the pharmacy has been fitted and altered a number of times over the years to the present high standard.
As well as the traditional NHS dispensing and advice on minor ailments, such as coughs and colds, Ruth Mckenna, the pharmacist manager, and her highly trained and experienced staff, offer many other services to patients.
The Murray’s Repeat Dispensing Service is offered to all patients.
All you do is take your order for repeat medication into the pharmacy and Mrs Mckenna and her staff will obtain your prescription for you from the Doctor’s Surgery. Your medication will be ready to collect a few days later.
Ask at the counter for details and an application form.
The NHS Medicine Use Review Service is available for any patient who wants a confidential chat about their medication and a private Consultation Room is available for this service.
The NHS Stop Smoking Service is also available, usually without an appointment, for help with giving up smoking.
As in a number of Murrays Pharmacies, a service for patients who have difficulty with their medication is available.
Medication is dispensed into weekly compliance trays to make it easier to take and remember.
Uniquely, this Murrays pharmacy is also a post office, with all the services a post office has to offer.
As well as stamps, motor road tax, passports, currency exchange etc, lots of stationery items are for sale to help you post anything you want, not only in this country, but all over the world.
Murrays Pharmacy Duke Street is convenient and accessible for all your pharmacy needs and a post office as well.
Ask your Murrays pharmacist, you’ll be taking good advice!
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Kirkby news
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- A595 wagon hell looms for Furness residents (6 comments)
- Much-loved Cumbria councillor was a “true gent”
- A595 in Cumbria to be closed for roadworks (1 comment)
- ‘Worst floods I’ve seen in 12 years’ - Kirkby resident
- Heavy rain set to hit Cumbria today
- Kirkby community nets £17,700 to build multi-use sports area
- Cumbria train line reopens - short delays (1 comment)
- More than 350 homes left without power near Ulverston
- Cumbria residents say they will fight to get nightmare section of A595 upgraded (3 comments)
- Cumbria village broadband nightmare is finally over for residents
- Inspirational Ulverston girl Alice Pyne’s gran shows how to raise money in style
- Cumbria A595 road safety summit called (1 comment)
- MP welcomes fuel price cut in South Cumbria village (2 comments)
- Safety fears prompt calls for A595 Cumbria works (4 comments)
- Kirkby residents hail Cumbria MP’s broadband crusade (2 comments)
- Cumbria graphic designer’s broadband campaign backed by community
- Cyclist left with broken ribs after being knocked off bike on road to Ulverston (1 comment)
- New Cumbria turbines set to double height of old windfarm (2 comments)
- Cumbria road ‘not fit for purpose’ says councillor after A595 gridlock (8 comments)
- Kirkby Gala
- Former UKIP Cumbria County Council candidate on drink driving charge
- Two men have lucky escape after car ends up in field by busy Cumbria road (10 comments)
- Neighbour blasts move to build solar park on Kirkby farm
- Meet Misty, possibly the cleverest dog in Cumbria - or should that be the world? (1 comment)
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans