The Barrow Kells Modelling Competition 2009 gets underway
Last updated at 11:17, Friday, 19 June 2009
ONE of the beauties vying for your votes could be the next face of a top fashion chain, thanks to the Kells Modelling Competition 2009.
This year the competition is giving its winners the ultimate prize – the chance to compete to become the face of label Unique Boutique, who distribute clothes across the UK and Europe.
The Evening Mail is today launching round one of the competition, which has been split into two categories, under 18 and over 18. One winner will be picked from each category.
This year, Kells and Unique Boutique have teamed up to offer the following prizes:
- The chance to attend a casting session to go up against professional models to become the face of Unique Boutique throughout the UK and Europe – which would include a three day photoshoot on location modelling for Unique.
- A three-day all expenses paid trip to London to model for Unique at the Pure trade event, the UK’s biggest fashion and accessories trade show.
- A spot on the Unique Boutique stand with professional models at the Pure event.
- An all-inclusive trip to Fuerteventura in September for a photoshoot and a modelling portfolio worth £500.
The Kells team is now recruiting for contestants for rounds two and three of the competition and need 20 girls for each category in each round.
Girls must be 16 or in their last year of senior school to enter.
The 40 girls chosen for the final will wear a Unique Boutique outfit, which will be provided by Kells Clothing.
This year the judging panel will be tougher than ever, as a fashion rep from Unique Boutique will be at the grand final to decide who will get their hands on the star prize.
The competition venue has now moved to the Bluebird Function Suite, which will be transformed for the final of each round so the girls can strut their stuff in a catwalk face-off.
Dawn Kells, competition organiser, said: “I really think this year’s prize brings the competition to another level. The girls were absolutely ecstatic when I told them about the prize. It’s unbelievable. Just think, a girl from around here could be the face of Unique Boutique. It’s fantastic.”
First published at 16:50, Friday, 27 February 2009
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Kirkby news
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- A595 wagon hell looms for Furness residents (6 comments)
- Much-loved Cumbria councillor was a “true gent”
- A595 in Cumbria to be closed for roadworks (1 comment)
- ‘Worst floods I’ve seen in 12 years’ - Kirkby resident
- Heavy rain set to hit Cumbria today
- Kirkby community nets £17,700 to build multi-use sports area
- Cumbria train line reopens - short delays (1 comment)
- More than 350 homes left without power near Ulverston
- Cumbria residents say they will fight to get nightmare section of A595 upgraded (3 comments)
- Cumbria village broadband nightmare is finally over for residents
- Inspirational Ulverston girl Alice Pyne’s gran shows how to raise money in style
- Cumbria A595 road safety summit called (1 comment)
- MP welcomes fuel price cut in South Cumbria village (2 comments)
- Safety fears prompt calls for A595 Cumbria works (4 comments)
- Kirkby residents hail Cumbria MP’s broadband crusade (2 comments)
- Cumbria graphic designer’s broadband campaign backed by community
- Cyclist left with broken ribs after being knocked off bike on road to Ulverston (1 comment)
- New Cumbria turbines set to double height of old windfarm (2 comments)
- Cumbria road ‘not fit for purpose’ says councillor after A595 gridlock (8 comments)
- Kirkby Gala
- Former UKIP Cumbria County Council candidate on drink driving charge
- Two men have lucky escape after car ends up in field by busy Cumbria road (10 comments)
- Neighbour blasts move to build solar park on Kirkby farm
- Meet Misty, possibly the cleverest dog in Cumbria - or should that be the world? (1 comment)
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans